Saturday 18 March 2017

London Book Fair 2017

After last year's successful trip to the fair, I had the opportunity to go up again to Olympia to visit the London Book Fair.

The conference centre is full to bursting with publishers large and small, as well as associated book related industries like printing, distribution and all things digital to do with books. Most of the fair is centred around the rights sales so British publishers offerings can be sold to many countries around the world.

Even though you are not able to get onto the big four publishers stands there is still so much to see for the reviewer thankfully. I got to visit some of the publishers who produce the sort of books that I like reading and meet up with some of the people that I have been corresponding with over the past 12 months or so. Even met the Queen of Twitter, Sam Missingham.

The place is huge as it covers the Grand Hall, the National Hall and all the upper galleries. It felt like I had walked for miles, and in all honest I probably did. I managed to collect an enormous pile of catalogues to scour over the coming weeks for interesting titles in the autumn releases, and secured some lovely review copies from a few publishers too:



















So thank you to SummersdaleHead of ZeusAngry RobotProfile BooksGranta and Duckworth Overlook for the books. The lovley people at Literature Ireland gave me two poetry books and a pile of other goodies. When I arrived home I found two more from Mel at Nudge!

Great day out. Will definitely be attending next year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment